The Akron-Canton Area Cooks and Chefs Association is an established chapter of the nationally recognized American Culinary Federation. It was founded in 1976 by professional culinarians from counties within the state of Ohio for the purpose of banding together to facilitate the exchange of ideas, problems, solutions and information.
The purpose of this chapter is to provide its members with the opportunity to:
- Network professionally with fellow culinarians and those linked to the field of hospitality.
- Exchange ideas and information, both within the local chapter and through educational opportunities that are offered by the ACF.
- Pursue education and help those young culinarians who are seeking to become a culinary professional.
- Offer scholarships to the Junior members of the chapter in order to help cover the expenses incurred in their education.
- Promote ACF certification to its members to further their career positions.
- Further the culinary arts and the hospitality industry as a viable career choice.
- Make every effort to help bring an end to childhood hunger within in the local counties of Ohio.
Meeting Times and Location
We meet the 2nd Monday of the month, with the exception of June, July, August, and December where we do not have meetings
Time: Board Meeting – 5:30pm
General Members Meeting – 6:30pm
Location: St. George’s Fellowship Center
3204 Ridgewood Rd.
Copley, OH, 44333
Cost: Typically Free (Meeting with high end speakers my have a $5 cost)